Bay Pines National CemetaryApprox. Time: 2 hours
Activity Level: Easiest

Originally developed as part of the Bay Pines Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center as a final resting place for those veterans who died there. Dedicated on March 15, 1933, the first burial took place on April 25 of that year. War service of veterans interned at this twenty-seven acre site dates back to the Indian Wars of 1790-1891. A Memorial Section, established in 1984, exists to appropriately memoralize service members whose remains were unrecoverable or whose cremains were scattered.