Mucuripe Lighthouse Approx. Time: 2 hours
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate

Slaves built the old Mucuripe Lighthouse in the baroque style, between 1840 and 1845. Constructed of masonry, timber and iron, it was deactivated in 1957 and restored in 1981 and 1982 to shelter the Jangadeiro Museum. It currently holds the Lighthouse Museum. From the top, there is a dazzling view of the sea and sand dunes. The building has been listed by the National Historical Heritage. It is located on Vicente de Castro Avenue - Cais do Porto.